- Balachander Krishnamoorthy (AT&T, USA) - 8 December 2016
Internet Privacy: Towards more transparency
- Shari Lawrence Pfleeger (Dartmouth College, USA) - 13 October 2015
Leveraging Human Behavior to Reduce Cyber Security Risk
- Nobukazu Yoshioka (National Institute of Informatics, Japan) - 18 June 2015 (OU) & 29 June 2015 (Lero)
Engineering Adaptive Privacy Revisited: Way to Preserve Users’ Freedom
- John Mylopoulos (University of Trento, Italy) - 1 May 2015
Designing Adaptive Software Systems: A Requirements Engineering Perspective
- Alan Dix (University of Birmingham, UK) - 23 April 2015
Tales of Identity and Regret
- Jan Jurjens (TU Dortmund, Germany) - 28 April 2015
Beyond One-Shot Security: Towards a Secure Software Evolution
- Anne Wright (Carnegie Mellon University) - 17 June 2014
Self-tracking versus other-tracking: Reflections from the BodyTrack project
- Dr Anya Skatova (University of Nottingham, UK) - 27 March 2014
What is your data worth to you?: “Investigating” perceived risk and subjective value of personal data
- Prof. Harold Thimbleby (University of Swansea, UK) - 30 January 2014
Human Error is not the Problem
- Dr. Armstrong Nhlabatsi (Qatar University, Qatar) - 27 January 2014
Adaptive Information Security in the Cloud
- Chris Bailey and Dr. Rogerio de Lemos (University of Kent, UK) - 2 December 2013
Self-Adaptive Authorisation Infrastructures
- Dr Shareeful Islam (University of East London, UK) - 17 January 2013
Evaluating Cloud Deployment Scenarios Based on Security and Privacy Requirements
- Julian Harty (UK) - 29 November 2012
Mobile analytics for software quality engineering: an industrial perspective
- Dr Liliana Pasquale (Lero, Ireland) - 22 November 2012
An Asset-Centric Approach for Engineering Adaptive Security
- Software Engineering for Cyber-Physical-Social Systems, 7-8 April 2017, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Cyber Security and Human Behaviour - 4-5 October 2015, Doha, Qatar. The workshop explored the interdisciplinary research opportunities that combined cyber security with economics & business, law & regulation, and pschology & the social sciences. Professor Mark Levine (University of Exeter, UK) gave a keynote address.
- Engineering Adaptive Software Systems (EASy 2015) - 6-10 September 2015, Shonan Village, Japan. Bashar Nuseibeh co-chaired the third edition of this workshop series, together with Prof. Tetsuo Tamai (Hosei University, Japan) and Prof Hausi Muller (University of Victoria, Canada).Other member of our group - Drs. Amel Benacceur, Lionel Montrieux, and Yijun Yu - also gave presentations.
- Engineering Adaptive Systems - 8-10 April 2015, Bra, Italy. This years's joint OU-NII-Lero Workshop for researchers from The Open University, NII and Lero was expanded to include a number of additional "NII Partners", including our hosts Politecnico di Milano, Imperial College London, Peking University and University of Buenos Aires. Dr Alessandra Russo (Imperial College London) gave a keynote presentation and Shahar Maoz (Tel Aviv University) gave an invited talk.
- Software Systems Engineering for Smart Cities - 20-21 April 2014, MASDAR Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE. This years's joint OU-NII-Lero Workshop for researchers from The Open University, NII and Lero was hosted by the MASDAR Institute in MASDAR City, Abu Dhabi, UAE. MASDAR City is an ongoing project to build a futuristic "smart city", with the Institute providing a local, focused research effort to contribute to this vision. We are joined this year by Professors Carlo Ghezzi (Politecnico di Milano, Italy) and Sebastian Uchitel (University of Buenes Aires, Argentina).
- Adaptive Security and Privacy for a Smart World - 30 June - 2 July 2013, Windsor, UK
Joint OU-NII-Lero Workshop for researchers from The Open University, NII and Lero to meet and discuss their work and explore avenues for future collaboration. With the proliferation of ubiquitous computing, it is increasingly important that software engineering research addresses the challenges of building systems that are cognisant of the changing needs of users, of the changing threats to user assets, and of the changing relationships between them.